50+ classics by November 30, 2021
1. Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan (1678) completed February 2017
2. Here I Stand: A Life of Martin Luther by Roland H. Bainton (1950) completed April 2017
3. Three Treatises by Martin Luther (1520) (completed January 2017)
4. Basic Christianity by John R.W. Stott (completed June 2017)
5. Reformation Heritage Study Bible -- King James Version (notes 2014) (completed June 2017)
6. The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky (1880) (completed January 2017)
7. Everyman, Anonymous (1520?) (completed December 2016)
8. The Circular Staircase by Mary Roberts Rinehart (1908) Completed September 2017
9. Murder in the Cathedral by T.S. Eliot (1935) --Completed March 2017
10. The Matchmaker by Thornton Wilder (1954)-- Completed November 2016
11. The Skin of Our Teeth by Thornton Wilder (1942) Completed March 2017
12. Our Town by Thornton Wilder (1938) -- Completed December 2016
13. The Kellys and O'Kellys by Anthony Trollope (1848) -- completed January 2017
14. The Macdermots of Ballycloran. Anthony Trollope. (1847) (completed January 2017)
15. A Child's Geography of the World (1929/1951) -- Completed November 2016
16. Watch and Ward by Henry James (1871) (completed January 2017)
17. Roderick Hudson by Henry James (1875) completed January 2017
18. La Vendee by Anthony Trollope (1855) completed February 2017
19. The American. Henry James. 1877. Completed February 2017
20. The Europeans. Henry James. 1878. Completed February 2017
21. Twelve Angry Men. Reginald Rose. 1954. Completed February 2017
22. Confidence. Henry James. 1879. Completed March 2017
23. Washington Square. Henry James. 1880 Completed April 2017
24. The Portrait of a Lady. Henry James. 1881. Completed June 2017
25. The Three Clerks. Anthony Trollope. 1858. Completed April 2017
26. Doctor Thorne. Anthony Trollope 1858. Completed May 2017
27. The Bertrams. Anthony Trollope. 1859. Completed June 2017
28. Oliver Twist. Charles Dickens. 1838. Completed May 2017
29. Camille. Alexandre Dumas, fils. 1848. Completed July 2017
30. Great Expectations. Charles Dickens. 1860. Completed August 2017.
31. Castle Richmond. Anthony Trollope. 1860. (October 2017)
32. Adam Bede. George Eliot. 1859. Completed October 2017
33. A Christmas Carol. Charles Dickens. 1843. Completed December 2017
34. Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe (1852) Completed December 2017
35. CSB Spurgeon Study Bible, Holman Bible Publishers (B&H). 2017. 1840 pages. [Source: Gift] Completed December 2017.
36. Coming Events and Present Duties (1867) Completed January 2018
37. Framley Parsonage. Anthony Trollope. 1861. Completed January 2018
38. My Antonia. Willa Cather. 1918. 336 pages. [Source: LIBRARY] Completed January 2018.
39. A Tender Victory. Taylor Caldwell. 1956. 374 pages. [Source: Bought] Completed february 2018
40. Mary Barton. Elizabeth Gaskell. 1848. 437 pages. [Source: Bought] Completed March 2018
41. Five English Reformers. J.C. Ryle. 1890. 150 pages. [Source: Bought] Completed January 2018
42. KJV Reader's Bible. 2016. Holman Bible Publishers. 1840 pages. [Source: Gift] [Completed January 2018]
43. Crime and Punishment. Fyodor Dostoyevsky. Translated by David McDuff. 1866/2002. 671 pages. [Source: Library]COMPLETED APRIL 2018
44. Orley Farm. Anthony Trollope. 1862. 825 pages. [Source: Bought] COMPLETED MAY 2018
45. The Struggles of Brown, Jones, and Robinson, by One of the Firm. Anthony Trollope. 1862. 254 pages. [Source: Bought] COMPLETED MAY 2018
46. Old Paths. J.C. Ryle. 536 pages. [Source: Bought] Completed June 2018
47. Short Stories of Lucy Maud Montgomery from 1909-1922. L.M. Montgomery. 2008/2010. 312 pages. [Source: Bought] Completed April 2018
48. East of Eden by John Steinbeck (1952) Completed July 2018
49. Commentary on the Epistle to the Romans. Martin Luther. 1954/1976. Kregel. 224 pages. [Source: Gift] [Completed June 2018]
50. Rachel Ray. Anthony Trollope. 1863. 326 pages. [Source: Bought] [Completed July 2018]
51.The Conqueror by Georgette Heyer. 1931/2008. Sourcebooks. 469 pages. [Source: Review copy]
52. Sylvia's Lovers. Elizabeth Gaskell. 1863/1997. Everyman Paperbacks. 560 pages. [Source: Bought]
53. Little Men. Louisa May Alcott. 1871. 329 pages. [Source: Bought]
54. Dear and Glorious Physician. Taylor Caldwell. 1958. 560 pages. [Source: Bought]
55. Wives and Daughters. Elizabeth Gaskell. 1866. 649 pages. [Source: Bought]
56. Small House at Allington. Anthony Trollope. 1864. 695 pages. [Source: Bought]
57. Ruth. Elizabeth Gaskell. 1853. 432 pages. [Source: Bought]
58. Ivanhoe. Walter Scott. 1819. 544 pages. [Source: Bought]
59. The Jungle Book. Rudyard Kipling. 1893/1894. 138 pages. [Source: Bought]
60.Evelina. Fanny Burney. 1778. 455 pages. [Source: Bought]
61. Shirley. Charlotte Bronte. 1849. 624 pages. [Source: Bought]
62. The Innocents Abroad. Mark Twain. 1869. 560 pages. [Source: Bought]
63. Miss Buncle's Book. D.E. Stevenson. 1934. 304 pages. [Source: Bought]
64. Death in the Stocks. Inspectors Hannasyde & Hemingway #1) Georgette Heyer. 1935/2019. Sourcebooks. 384 pages. [Source: Review copy]
65. The Princess Bride. William Goldman. 1973/2003. 398 pages. [Source: Bought]
66. Beautiful Stories from Shakespeare. E. Nesbit. Illustrated by Arthur Rackham. 1918. 192 pages. [Source: Library]
67. Sense and Sensibility. Jane Austen. 1811. 409 pages. [Source: Bought]
68. Hebrew Melodies. George Gordon, Lord Byron. 1815/1824. 70 pages. [Source: Bought]
69. The Tempest. William Shakespeare. 1623. 127 pages. [Source: Bought]
- Don Quixote. Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra (1605)
- Robinson Crusoe Daniel Defoe (1719)
- Love in Excess. Eliza Fowler Haywood. 1719.
- Moll Flanders. Daniel Defoe. 1722.
- Belinda. Maria Edgeworth. 1801.
- Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo (1831)
- Domestic Manners of the Americans. Frances Trollope. 1832.
- The Three Musketeers. Alexandre Dumas. Richard Pevear, translator. 1844/2006.
- Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackery (1847)
- Les Miserables, Victor Hugo, translated by Julie Rose. 1862/2008.
- The Prince and the Pauper. Mark Twain. 1881.
- Jo's Boys. Louisa May Alcott. 1886.
- The Master of Ballantrae. Robert Louis Stevenson. 1889.
- The Innocence of Father Brown. G.K. Chesterton. 1911.
- The Forsyte Saga by John Galsworthy (1921)
- Footsteps in the Dark. Georgette Heyer. 1932.
- Gone With The Wind. Margaret Mitchell (1936)
- Their Eyes Were Watching God. Zora Neale Hurston. 1937.
- Dust Tracks on a Road. Zora Neale Hurston. 1942.
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. Betty Smith. 1943.
- Brave Men by Ernie Pyle (1944)
- Katherine. Anya Seton. 1954.
- Richard the Third by Paul Murray Kendall (1955)
- On the Beach. Nevil Shute. 1957.
- The Dreaming Suburb by R.F. Delderfield. 1958.
- The Avenue Goes To War. R.F. Delderfield. 1958.
- To Kill a Mockingbird. Harper Lee. 1960.
- Long Summer Day by R.F. Delderfield. 1966.
- Post of Honor. R.F. Delderfield. 1966.
- The Green Gauntlet. R.F. Delderfield. 1966.
- The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart (1970)
- The Sunne in Splendour. Sharon Kay Penman. 1982.
- Pride and Prejudice
- Mansfield Park
- Northanger Abbey
- Lady Susan
- Jane Eyre
- The Professor
- Wuthering Heights
- The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
- The Wanderer
- The Witlings
- Hide and Seek
- A Rogue’s Life
- The Dead Secret
- The Woman In White
- No Name
- The Moonstone
- Man and Wife
- Poor Miss Finch
- The New Magdalen
- The Law and the Lady
- The Two Destinies
- The Haunted Hotel
- The Fallen Leaves
- Jezebel’s Daughter
- The Black Robe
- Heart and Science
- I Say No
- The Evil Genius
- The Guilty River
- The Legacy of Cain
- Blind Love
- The Pickwick Papers. Charles Dickens (1837)
- Nicholas Nickleby. Charles Dickens. 1839.
- Old Curiosity Shop. Charles Dickens. 1841.
- Barnaby Rudge. Charles Dickens. 1841.
- Martin Chuzzlewit. Charles Dickens. 1843.
- Dombey and Son. Charles Dickens. 1848.
- David Copperfield. Charles Dickens. 1850.
- Bleak House. Charles Dickens. 1853.
- Hard Times. Charles Dickens. 1854.
- Little Dorrit. Charles Dickens. 1857.
- Tale of Two Cities. Charles Dickens. 1859.
- Our Mutual Friend. Charles Dickens. 1865
- Edwin Drood. Charles Dickens. 1870.
- Poor Folk
- The Double
- Netochka Nezvanova
- Uncle’s Dream
- The Village of Stepanchikovo
- The Insulted and Humiliated
- The House of the Dead
- Notes from the Underground
- The Gambler
- The Idiot
- The Permanent Husband
- The Possessed
- The Raw Youth
- North and South
- The Moorland Cottage
- Mr. Harrison’s Confessions
- Lizzie Leigh
- Lois the Witch
- A Dark Night’s Work
- Cousin Phillis
- The Life of Charlotte Bronte
- Bostonians. Henry James. 1886.
- The Princess Casamassima. Henry James. 1886.
- The Reverberator. Henry James. 1888.
- The Tragic Muse. Henry James. 1890.
- The Other House. Henry James. 1896.
- The Spoils of Pynton. Henry James. 1897.
- What Maisie Knew. Henry James. 1897.
- The Awkward Age. Henry James. 1899.
- The Sacred Fount. Henry James. 1901.
- The Wings of the Dove. Henry James. 1902.
- The Ambassadors. Henry James. 1903.
- The Wonderful Garden 1911.
- Wet Magic 1913.
- Five of Us and Madeline. 1925.
- The Prophet's Mantle. 1885.
- The Red House. 1902.
- The Incomplete Amorist 1906.
- Salome and the Head (The House With No Address) 1909.
- Daphne in Fitzroy Street. 1909.
- Dormant (Rose Royal) 1911.
- The Incredible Honeymoon. 1916.
- The Lark. 1922
- Grim Tales. 1893.
- Pussy and Doggy Tales. 1895.
- In Homespun. 1896.
- Royal Children of English History. 1897.
- The Children's Shakespeare. 1897.
- The Book of Dragons. 1901.
- The Literary Sense. 1903.
- Oswald Bastable and Others. 1905.
- Man and Maid. 1906.
- The Magic World. 1912
- He That Will Not When He May
- Margaret Maitland of Sunnyside
- Merkland, A Story of Scottish Life
- Christian Melville
- The Days of My Life
- The House on the Moor
- The Doctor’s Family
- Salem Chapel
- The Perpetual Curate
- Miss Marjoribanks
- Madonna Mary
- At His Gates
- The Curate in Charge
- Phoebe, Junior
- A Beleaguered City
- The Ladies Lindores
- The Wizard’s Son
- The Lady’s Walk
- Sir Tom
- Old Lady Mary
- A country Gentlemen and His Family
- The Marriage of Elinor
- Dies Irae
- The Executor
- The Rector
- A Widow’s Tale and Other Stories
- Complete Stories of the Seen and Unseen
Anthony Trollope In Chronological Order
- Can You Forgive Her? Anthony Trollope. 1865.
- Miss MacKenzie. Anthony Trollope. 1865
- The Belton Estate. Anthony Trollope. 1866.
- The Last Chronicle of Barset. 1867.
- The Claverings. Anthony Trollope. 1867
- Nina Balatka. Anthony Trollope. 1867.
- Linda Tressel. Anthony Trollope. 1868.
- Phineas Finn. Anthony Trollope. 1869.
- He Knew He Was Right. Anthony Trollope. 1869.
- The Vicar of Bullhampton. Anthony Trollope. 1870.
- Sir Harry Hotspur of Humblethwaite. Anthony Trollope. 1871.
- Ralph the Heir. Anthony Trollope. 1871.
- The Golden Lion of Granpere. Anthony Trollope. 1872.
- The Eustace Diamonds. Anthony Trollope 1873.
- Harry Heathcote of Gangoil. Anthony Trollope. 1874.
- Lady Anna. Anthony Trollope. 1874.
- Phineas Redux. Anthony Trollope. 1874.
- The Way We Live Now. Anthony Trollope 1875.
- The Prime Minister. Anthony Trollope. 1876.
- The American Senator. Anthony Trollope. 1877.
- Is He Popenjoy? Anthony Trollope. 1878
- John Caldigate. Anthony Trollope. 1879.
- An Eye for An Eye. Anthony Trollope. 1879.
- Cousin Henry. Anthony Trollope. 1879.
- The Duke's Children. Anthony Trollope. 1880.
- Ayala's Angel. Anthony Trollope. 1881.
- Doctor Wortle's School. Anthony Trollope. 1881.
- The Fixed Period. Anthony Trollope. 1882.
- Kept in the Dark. Anthony Trollope. 1882.
- Marion Fay. Anthony Trollope. 1882.
- Mr. Scarborough's Family. Anthony Trollope. 1883.
- The Landleaguers. Anthony Trollope. 1883.
- An Old Man's Love. Anthony Trollope. 1884.
- The Fortune of the Rougons (La Fortune des Rougon)
- The Kill (La Curée)
- The Belly of Paris (Le Ventre de Paris)
- The Conquest of Plassans (La Conquête de Plassans)
- The Sin of Father Mouret (La Faute de l'Abbé Mouret)
- His Excellency Eugène Rougon (Son Excellence Eugène Rougon)
- The Drinking Den (L'Assommoir)
- One Page of Love (Une Page d'amour)
- Piping Hot (Pot-Bouille)
- The Ladies' Paradise (Au Bonheur des Dames)
- The Joy of Life (La Joie de vivre)
- The Masterpiece (L'Œuvre)
- The Earth (La Terre)
- The Dream (Le Rêve)
- The Beast in Man (La Bête humaine)
- Money (L'Argent)
- The Downfall (La Débâcle)
- Doctor Pascal (Le Docteur Pascal)
© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
The Portrait of a Lady. That is all. :) (Okay, also Villette!)
Post a Comment