Host: Becky's Book Reviews
Duration: January - December 2017
Goal: Read a minimum of 4 Victorian books
Sign up in the comments (If you have a blog, please leave your blog address. If you have a goodreads profile AND if you review regularly on goodreads, then you may leave that as well.)
How this challenge is different from last year: I'm not doing a BINGO challenge this upcoming year. If you want to sign up for this challenge again and hold onto a bingo card from 2016 or 2015, you're definitely welcome to! But I won't be designing a new card for next year!
You are also welcome to use my new checklist below. But it's optional.
Also new this year, I'll have quarterly check-in posts. I'll be posting check-in posts March 25, June 24, September 23, and December 30. You may leave links to your reviews on any of those four posts. If you want to share your review with me BEFORE that, AND if you have twitter, feel free to tweet me a link @blbooks.
IF you love Victorian literature AND you happen to love tea...consider joining my Share-a-Tea reading challenge.
Feel free to copy/paste this. You can replace the _ with an X or a ✔ (copy/paste it) when you finish reading a book. If you list the books you read, that may help other people decide what to read.
_ 1. A book under 200 pages
_ 2. A book over 400 pages
_ 3. A book that REALLY intimidates you
_ 4. A book you REALLY want to reread
_ 5. A new-to-you book by a FAVORITE author
_ 6. A book with illustrations
_ 7. A book that was originally published serially
_ 8. A book published between 1837-1849
_ 9. A book published between 1850-1860
_ 10. A book published between 1861-1870
_ 11. A book published between 1871-1880
_ 12. A book published between 1881-1890
_ 13. A book published between 1891-1901
_ 14. A book published between 1902-1999 with a Victorian setting
_ 15. A book published between 2000-2017 with a Victorian setting
_ 16. A book by Charles Dickens
_ 17. A book by Wilkie Collins
_ 18. A book by Anthony Trollope
_ 19. A book by Elizabeth Gaskell
_ 20. A book by George Eliot
_ 21. A book by a new-to-you male author
_ 22. A book by a new-to-you female author
_ 23. A book translated into English
_ 24. A fiction or nonfiction book about Queen Victoria
_ 25. A book that has been filmed as movie, miniseries, or television show
_ 26. A play OR a collection of short stories OR a collection of poems
_ 27. Biography, Autobiography, or NONFICTION book about the Victorian era
_ 28. Genre or Subgenre of your choice (mystery, suspense, romance, gothic, adventure, western, science fiction, fantasy)
_ 29. Book with a name as the title
_ 30. Book You've Started but Never Finished
_ 31. A Christian book fiction or nonfiction
_ 32. A children's book
_ 33. Book with a Number in the Title
_ 34. Book with a Place in the Title
_ 35. Free Choice
_ 36. free choice
_ 37. free choice
_ 38. free choice
- Fiction or nonfiction.
- Books, e-books, audio books all are fine.
- Books and movies can be reviewed together or separately.
- You can create a reading list if you want, but it's not a requirement
- If you do make a list, consider adding a list of five books you'd recommend to others
- If possible try to try a new-to-you author! I know it can be really tempting to stick with familiar favorites.
- Children's books published during these years should not be forgotten!
- Rereads are definitely allowed if you have favorites!
- A blog is not required, a review is not required, but, if you don't review please consider sharing what you read in a comment with one or two sentences of 'reaction' or 'response.'
- Any qualifying book reviewed in 2017 counts towards the challenge. If you're like me, perhaps you try to schedule posts a week ahead of time. So if it's reviewed in 2017, it counts. Even if you finished the book the last week or two of 2016!
© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews