Thursday, August 31, 2017

2017 Challenges: R.I.P. XII

R.EADERS I.MBIBING P.ERIL XII (RIPXII)
Hosted by Estella's Revenge
Duration: September - October 2017
# of books: I'm aiming for ONE

The Stand. Stephen King. 1978/2001. 1153 pages. [Source: Bought]

One goal, I have only one goal, to read King's The STAND.  Obviously if I read other books that qualify, I'll list them. But. I don't want other books to distract me from this chunkster.

ETA. I am NOT loving The Stand. I am almost 350 pages into it--and I am not loving it one little bit. I could keep going and see if that changes. I could give it another two hundred pages and reevaluate then. Or. I could give myself permission to say THIS BOOK IS NOT FOR ME AND THAT IS OKAY.

SO NEW PLAN: How many mysteries can I read in two months. Go.

1) Blood, Bullets, and Bones. The Story of Forensic Science from Sherlock Holmes to DNA. Bridget Heos. 2016. 263 pages. [Source: Library]
2) Heirloom Murders. (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #2) Kathleen Ernst. 2011. 349 pages. [Source: Library]
3) Light Keeper's Legacy. (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #3) Kathleen Ernst. 2012. 360 pages. [Source: Library]
4) The Case of the Gilded Lily. (Perry Mason #50) Erle Stanley Gardner. 1956. 188 pages. [Source: Bought]
5)The Case of the Daring Decoy. (Perry Mason #54) Erle Stanley Gardner. 1957. 198 pages. [Source: Bought] 
6) The Wife Between Us. Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen. 2018. St. Martin's Press. 352 pages. [Source: Review copy]
7)  The Case of the Fiery Fingers. Erle Stanley Gardner. 1951. 192 pages. [Source: Bought]
8) Death of a Cad. M.C. Beaton. 1987. 214 pages. [Source: Library]
9) The Case of the Lucky Loser. Erle Stanley Gardner. 1957. 192 pages. [Source: Bought]

The purpose of the R.I.P. Challenge is to enjoy books that could be classified as:

Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.




© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

3 comments:

Katherine Nabity said...

This is a noble and worthy goal. Much luck and Happy Perilous Reading.

Vicki said...

I loved this book and mini series!

Nikki (www.bookpunks.com) said...

Good call in DNFing The Stand if it is just torture. I read that one a loooong time ago, but I really liked it. Out of curiosity, what about it doesn't work for you?

Anyway, happy reading. Off to work on my pile. (Just posted it here if you're interested: http://www.bookpunks.com/peril-12th-season-horror-arrived/