Thursday, August 10, 2017

Fiona's Little Lie

Fiona's Little Lie. Rosemary Wells. 2016. Candlewick. 32 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Fiona wanted to be Felix's Birthday Elf so much she nearly fell off her chair.

Premise/plot: Fiona was supposed to bake birthday cupcakes for Felix for the school party. But. She forgot...and also lost the note the teacher sent home. The next day, she remembers--but it is too late. (Or is it?) What will Fiona say when everyone asks where the cupcakes are? Will she tell the truth? Or will she lie?

My thoughts: I liked this one. I didn't love it. I just don't like Felix as much as I like Max and Ruby (Ruby and Max). But it was a solid enough story about friendship.

Text: 3 out of 5
Illustrations: 3 out of 5
Total: 6 out of 10
© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: