Host: Book Date (sign up here)
LAST WEDNESDAY OF EVERY MONTH IS A CHECK-IN POST;
January - December 2019
# of books: I'll see how it goes :) I'm hoping for 5 connect-fives or 25 books.
January 2019 -- Number in the Title
1) 84, Charing Cross Road. Helene Hanff. 1970. 97 pages. [Source: Library]
2) 4:50 From Paddington. (Miss Marple #8) Agatha Christie. 1957/2007. 288 pages. [Source: Bought]
3) Surviving Antarctica: Reality TV 2083. Andrea White. 2005. 448 pages. [Source: Bought]
4) Seven Alone. Honore Willsie Morrow. 1926/1977. Scholastic. 240 pages. [Source: Own]
5) I Survived The Children's Blizzard, 1888 (I Survived #16). Lauren Tarshis. 2018. 144 pages. [Source: Library]
Connect Five #2
Connect Five #3
Connect Five #4
Connect Five #5
- The five books connection cannot be too simple, for example five paperbacks or five ebooks or five women authors – unless of course you hardly ever read women authors. I could challenge myself and have a group though of five male authors because I hardly ever read male authors! Five USA authors would be rather simple, but it could be five USA authors from the same state.
- A book can only be used once.
- The books must be read in 2019.
- Books can be carried over until you have five of something. It may take a few months to gather five of something.
- You may have many connections of five to link up . So if you have two groups of five then you can link up twice and so on within a month.
- You may just link one group of five during the year sometime or many each month.
- You don’t have to write a commitment post but if that helps to remind you then that is an excellent idea and any way you can share this challenge is welcomed. Use the hashtag #connect5books2019
- Five books of the same genre
- Five books by the same author
- Five books with a similar theme or issue being explored for example mother/daughter relationships
- Five books from the same series
- Five books you bought in 2018
- Five books from the depths of your TBR
- Five books with fabulous covers
- Five debut books
- Five new to you authors
- Five books that weren’t for you.
- Five books that really connect to your own life in some way.
- Five books with the theme of friendship
© 2018 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews