Saturday, December 29, 2018

December Reflections

How many books have I read so far for the year? 563
How many board books or picture books have I read? 237
My favorite I read this month was:
You Are My Cupcake. Joyce Wan. 2011. Scholastic. 14 pages. [Source: Library]
How many early readers or early chapter books have I read? 83
My favorite I read this month was:
Dr. KittyCat #9 Ginger the Kitten. Jane Clarke. 2018. Scholastic. 96 pages. [Source: Review copy]
How many contemporary books have I read? 48
My favorite I read this month was:
Sunday Sundaes. (Sprinkle Sundays #1) Coco Simon. 2018. Simon & Schuster. 160 pages. [Source: Library]
How many speculative fiction books have I read? 41
My favorite I read this month was:
The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. (The Chronicles of Narnia #1) C.S. Lewis. Illustrated by Pauline Baynes. 1950. 186 pages. [Source: Bought]
How many classics have I read? 52
My favorite I read this month was?
Ruth. Elizabeth Gaskell. 1853. 432 pages. [Source: Bought]
How many historical fiction novels have I read? 63
My favorite I read this month was?
The Bride of Ivy Green. Julie Klassen. 2018. Bethany House. 448 pages. [Source: Review copy]
How many mysteries? 34
My favorite I read this month was?
Whose Body? Dorothy L. Sayers. 1923/1995. HarperTorch. 224 pages. [Source: Bought] 
How many nonfiction? 63
My favorite I read this month was? 
Ordinary, Extraordinary Jane Austen. Deborah Hopkinson. Illustrated by Qin Leng. 2018. 40 pages. [Source: Library]
How many Christian fiction? 37
My favorite I read this month was? 
A Bound Heart. Laura Frantz. 2019. Revell. 400 pages. [Source: Review copy]
How many Christian nonfiction? 82
My favorite I read this month was?
How To Be A Perfect Christian. The Babylon Bee. 2018. 203 pages. [Source: Library]
How many "new" books for the Good Rule challenge? 365
How many "old" books for the Good Rule challenge? 198
How many pages have I read so far for the year? 94, 122
Favorite short story or fairy tale of the month: n/a
Favorite audio book of the month:n/a
Favorite Victorian quote: I cannot abide the way some folk has of denying there's trouble or pain to be met; just as if their saying there was none, would do away with it. ~ Elizabeth Gaskell

© 2018 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

fredamans said...

Awesome month but fantastic year!! Wishing you the best for 2019!