Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Board book: You Are My Cupcake

You Are My Cupcake. Joyce Wan. 2011. Scholastic. 14 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence:
You are my cupcake
My sticky little gum drop
My mushy little sweet pea
My oven baked cutie pie...
Premise/plot: Do you LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your little one? Do you want to spend some quality time with him or her with book in hand? (Or with book in hand until you've memorized it cover to cover.) Joyce Wan's You Are My Cupcake is a great choice, perhaps the best choice. You could read the text, I suppose, or you could SING it. The words fits perfectly perfect to the tune You Are My Sunshine. You might have to do slight adjustment with the last line changing "Baby I could just eat you up!" to "Baby, I could just eat you all up!" But otherwise this one is PERFECT.

My thoughts:  The text is perfectly perfect. The illustrations are super-super-adorable. Share this one with your little one often! It's a perfect book to fit into your daily routine. After all, your little one won't remain your chubby little pumpkin forever.



© 2018 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: