Host: Becky's Book Reviews
Duration: January - December 2018
Goal: Read a minimum of 4 Victorian books
Sign up in the comments (If you have a blog, please leave your blog address. If you have a goodreads profile AND if you review regularly on goodreads, then you may leave that as well.)
I'll have quarterly check-in posts. I'll be posting check-in posts March 25, June 24, September 23, and December 30. You may leave links to your reviews on any of those four posts. If you want to share your review with me BEFORE that, AND if you have twitter, feel free to tweet me a link @blbooks.
Option A. Read alphabetically A-Z with authors OR titles OR a blend of authors/titles. I've decided that from now on X in reading challenges stands for multiple authors. I'm flipping my "x" to a "+".
Option B. Choose one author to read exclusively for this challenge; perhaps challenge yourself to read chronologically OR to read through an entire series in one year.
Option C. Do as many books from the checklist as you can. Feel free to copy/paste this. You can replace the _ with an X or a ✔ (copy/paste it) when you finish reading a book.
Option D. Make the challenge completely your own and read as YOUR whimsy dictates.
IF you love Victorian literature AND you happen to love tea...consider joining my Share-a-Tea reading challenge.
Feel free to copy/paste this. You can replace the _ with an X or a ✔ (copy/paste it) when you finish reading a book. If you list the books you read, that may help other people decide what to read.
This year's checklist:
- _ A book that was originally published serially
- _ book published between 1837-1840
- _ book published between 1841-1850
- _ book published between 1851-1860
- _ book published between 1861-1870
- _ book published between 1871-1880
- _ book published between 1881-1890
- _ book published between 1891-1901
- _ nonfiction published between 1837-1860
- _ nonfiction published between 1861-1901
- _ A book published between 1902-1999 with a Victorian setting
- _ A book published between 2000-2018 with a Victorian setting
- _ A fiction or nonfiction book about Queen Victoria
- _ Biography of a Victorian
- _ Nonfiction book about the Victorian era
- _ free choice
- _ place name in the title
- _ character name in the title
- _ book in a series
- _ drama or melodrama
- _ gothic, suspense, mystery
- _ romance or historical
- _ comedy
- _ science fiction or fantasy
- _ adventure, crime, western
- _ poetry collection OR story collection
- _ happily ever after
- _ unhappily ever after
- _ children's book
- _ translated into English from another language
- _ a book under 250 pages
- _ book over 500 pages
- _ a book over 800 pages
- _ A book that has been filmed as movie, miniseries, or television show
- _ memorable heroine
- _ memorable hero
- _ British author
- _ Irish author OR Irish setting
- _ Scottish author OR Scottish setting
- _ American author
- _ reread
- _ book with a subtitle (the longer the better!)
I'm in again!
I'm planning on reading J.C. Ryle.
Question if the book is set in a dominion ruled by Victoria rather than Brtian itself is that sill Victorian?
great I'm in will set up list on my good reads account
I'll be trying the Victorian Reading Challenge for the first time. Thanks for hosting! I'm choosing Option C, and you can find my progress here: http://www.nicksenger.com/onecatholiclife/2018-reading-challenges#victorian
definitely in but will pick option when I know whether back to classics is running this year (keep meaning to do it and not)
Hi Becky, found you on Pinterest. I will be joining the Victorian Reading Challenge for the first time. I will be Option D
Hi Becky, happy to join in!
I'm in, looking forward to it :)
Delighted to find this challenge!
Will try again this year... https://misslilysvintagewares.blogspot.com.au/
My first attempt at this challenge and probably not a good year to do it, but I'll do my best! https://cleoclassical.blogspot.ca/2018/01/january-2018-and-my-reading-challenges.html Thanks for hosting, Becky!
I'll try again this year
I would like to give this a try. Do I need a good reads account? My twitter is @jmwgould.
Post a Comment