Sunday, April 19, 2009

24 Hour Readathon April 18th The Results

Books read for the challenge:

Bird by Rita Murphy
The Hourglass Door by Lisa Mangum
SLOB by Ellen Potter
Bones of Faerie by Janni Lee Simner

End of Challenge Meme

1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Hour 19 was my last hour. But the most difficult hour for me was Hour 13, I believe. I had a total meltdown. It was NOT pretty. Apparently, I needed to break for a snack sooner than I did.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Bones of Faerie and Bird were great books for the readathon. I'd also suggest Life As We Knew It just because I can. :) Seriously, it doesn't matter the question, I try to work that recommendation in :)

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Everything was so great. I thought everything went really well. Very smooth.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I thought everything was balanced and as close to perfect as you can get.

5. How many books did you read? 4
6. What were the names of the books you read?

Bird by Rita Murphy
The Hourglass Door by Lisa Mangum
SLOB by Ellen Potter
Bones of Faerie by Janni Lee Simner

7. Which book did you enjoy most? Too hard to say. But if I had to choose--someone was twisting my arm--then I'd say Bones of Faerie.

8. Which did you enjoy least? I *hate* to do this. But if you were to take the time to read my reviews, you'd see the answer anyway. So I'll just admit it: The Hourglass Door.

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?

Not a cheerleader, but I think this year's cheerleaders did great :)

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Very likely. I haven't missed one yet. And definitely a reader :)

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
If you're reading this post on another site, or another feed, the content has been stolen.

11 comments:

Ambrosia @ The Purple Booker said...

Great Job!

Blodeuedd said...

Congrats on finishing :D
You did great

Molly said...

WOW Becky - if you were able to complete 4 books when not feeling well, I simply cannot imagine how many books you could have read if you were in great health!!

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing four books, Becky. You did a great job, especially since you were saying on Twitter that you didn't feel well.

Erika Powell said...

great job!! i wish i had been able to cheerlead more. silly work getting in the way.

Marg said...

I wasn't able to visit anyone during read-a-thon so now I am trying to get around and visit some people now!

You did really well Becky!

I love that your answer to so many questions is Life as we Knew It - it is a very good book!

Anna said...

Congrats on reading 4 books! That's great.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Kailana said...

Congrats on finishing some great books! Especially since you weren't even sure the day before if you were going to be able to participate!

Anonymous said...

Great job, and it's obvious you enjoyed it. This was a first time for me and I'm looking forward to doing again next time.

Maree said...

Great going!!!

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

This is how far behind I am in leaving comments. Great job with the readathon and hopefully next time you'll feel tons better.