Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Book Awards 2 Completed


Book Awards Challenge Round 2

10 Months. 10 Award Winners.
August 1, 2008 - June 1, 2009
5 different awards represented (minimum)
List subject to change (and that's OK)
Overlaps with Other Challenges Allowed

1. The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall (National Book Award for Young People Literature)
2. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green (Printz Award/Honor)
3. Octavian Nothing: Traitor to the Nation: The Kingdom On the Waves by M.T. Anderson (National Book Award for Young People Literature/Printz Award Honor)
4. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro (Man Booker Prize Finalist, Alex Award)
5. Anubis Gates by Tim Powers (Philip K. Dick Award)
6. The Winter Of Our Discontent by John Steinbeck (Nobel Prize)
7. Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick (Hugo Award)
8. How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff (Printz)
9. Maus I by Art Spiegelman; Maus II by Art Spiegelman (Pulitzer Prize)
10. Doing It by Melvin Burgess (Los Angeles Times Book Prize)
11. The House of the Scorpion. (National Book Award; Printz Honor; Newbery Honor)


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

5 comments:

Lezlie said...

Nice job! I'm one book away from finishing this one myself! :-)

Lezlie

Anonymous said...

Conraultations on finishing the challenge. I just finished mine and wrapped it up too :)

Debi said...

Congrats, Becky! I'm determined to finish this one, but I'd better get my butt in gear 'cause I still have four books to go.

Kristi said...

Congratulations on finishing the challenge! I have I'm in the middle of my next to last book for this one. Hoping to have it finished by the 1st!. I just read your fabulous review of Never Let Me Go. I just finished that one. It's going to end up being one of my favorites of this challenge I think.

3m said...

Congrats, Becky!