Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What's On My Nightstand (August)

These are the books I'm currently reading--or thinking about currently reading! (5 Minutes for Books--What's On My Nightstand)

The Sunne in Splendour by Sharon Kay Penman. This one is definitely a chunkster--at a little over 900 pages--but so far it's good. So good I don't even mind how heavy it is!

Bath Tangle by Georgette Heyer. I am enjoying this more the second time around. I don't know that I'll finish it this month--though I hope to--but I am enjoying this one.

Lighthouse by Eugenia Price. Yet another historical fiction. This time set in America. I am liking it so far. I just wished that my library had the rest of the books in the series!

I, Claudius by Robert Graves. Historical fiction, again. A reread, again. But the second Claudius book said "read me, read me, read me" the last time I was at the library. And at first I thought this was a just-in-case book, just-in-case I need to look up something. But I started reading it and I just couldn't put it down!


© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed Bath Tangle, but not as much as some of Heyer's other books. (I love all her historical, non-mystery books-her mysteries are not as interesting, in my opinion.)
I've heard of the others, but not read them. I'm looking forward to reading the reviews.

Kailana said...

The Sunne in Splendour is all kinds of amazing. I loved that book! I really need to read more from her, but I never have...

Nancy said...

I love historical fiction and am always looking for new material. 900 pages can be daunting but satisfying. Thanks for linking up!

-Nancy@5M4B

Beth said...

I didn't know any one still read Eugenia Price. My favorite series by her is her Savannah Quartet.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

i'm curious to hear your final thoughts on The Sunne in Splendour. I got it as a gift last year and have yet to read it.

Cassandra said...

Looks like some good books! Happy reading!

Marg said...

Stopping by VERY late to say Sunne in Splendour is an awesome, awesome book!