I know I usually only talk about one movie per week, but I've got a couple of movies that I haven't talked about yet. So I thought I would combine them into one post.
- If you're really bored and are tired of reality TV and repeats of reality TV
- If you are looking for a good example of a mostly outdated musical
- If you're interested in the time period, the early 1930s
- If you are looking for a really early comic book to film adaptation example, though this was NOT the first Harold Teen film, the first was a silent film.
- If you believe in giving movies the benefit of the doubt and are willing to take a chance on movies that weren't exactly loved, loved, loved in the reviews. Low expectations can be a very good thing. Because then you can be surprised more often.
- If you like action movies with good storytelling and good characterization (Yes, it might take you until the end of the movie to see how everything fits together. But I think the ending is the best part of this movie. Without this redeeming ending, I would not have been satisfied. I don't know how I can say more without spoiling it.
- If you like movies with strong heroines; I enjoyed Princess Tamina because not only was she strong, she was strong with good reason. There was a very, very important reason she wasn't going to let Prince Dastan have the dagger or misuse the dagger.
- If you like movies with good supporting roles; I just LOVED Richard Coyle and Alfred Molina.
- If you're thinking this is only a feel-good film, you might be surprised at how tough this one is to view. It is so violent in places. As in I had-to-turn-my-eyes-away violent. But that doesn't mean it isn't a good movie. Just know that if you see it, it's going to have some scenes that are disturbing. But essentially, if you can handle the violence, this is a good eye-opening film.
- If you want to watch out-of-the-ordinary films that take you away from what you know
- If the trailer hooks you. All the scenes that make you curious and happy in the trailer are just as good, just as wonderful in the movie itself.
- If you like watching movies based on true events/real people
© 2012 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews