Saturday, June 14, 2014

Week in Review: June 8-14

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. Betty Smith. 1943/2006. HarperCollins. 496 pages. [Source: Bought]
History of England. Jane Austen. 1977. 64 pages. [Source: Book I Bought]
A Child's History of England. Charles Dickens. 1851-1853.  390 pages. [Source: Book I Bought]
Finally (Willow Falls #2) Wendy Mass. 2010. Scholastic. 304 pages. [Source: Review copy]
You Wish. Mandy Hubbard. 2010. Penguin. 304 pages. [Source: Review copy]
 The Story of the Amulet. E. Nesbit. 1906/1996. Puffin. 292 pages. [Source: Bought]
The Lost Sun. (The United States of Asgard #1) Tess Gratton. 2013. Random House. 368 pages. [Source: Library]
A Place In His Heart. Rebecca DeMarino. 2014. Revell. 336 pages. [Source: Review copy]
Deeper Places: Experiencing God in the Psalms. Matthew Jacoby. 2013. Baker Books. 183 pages. [Source: Bought]
Wounded Tiger. A Nonfiction Novel. T. Martin Bennett. 2014. Onstad Press. 472 pages. [Source: Review copy]

This week's favorite:

I enjoyed many books this week. I did. I really loved reading two very different "history of England" books. One by Jane Austen. One by Charles Dickens. I found Wounded Tiger to be a compelling World War II novel with unforgettable characters. But. One book stood out above the others: A Tree Grows In Brooklyn. This classic novel by Betty Smith was just so WONDERFUL. Francie, the heroine, is a kindred spirit in some ways. I'm sure many book lovers can agree! On that day when she first knew she could read, she made a vow to read one book a day as long as she lived.

© 2014 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comments:

A Haven For Readers 6:24 PM  

10 books in a week? That is truly amazing! One day I hope to be on your level, haha.

C @ ahavenforreaders.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from you! To help fight spam, comment moderation has been set up for posts older than two days. Feel free to ask me questions or ask for recommendations!

Unique Visitors and Google PR Rank

Free PageRank Checker

Pageloads Counter

Search Book Blogs Search Engine

The background is based on a background I found here...with some small adjustments on my part so it would work with the template.
Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP