Thursday, May 25, 2017

Pig the Pug

Pig the Pug. Aaron Blabey. 2014. Scholastic. 24 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Pig was a pug and I'm sorry to say, he was greedy and selfish in most every way.

Premise/plot: Pig is a selfish, greedy dog who often gets REALLY, REALLY, REALLY upset with the other dog of the house, Trevor. Trevor seems to be a happy-get-along-with-everybody dog. Essentially, Trevor and Pig are complete opposites. One day his selfishness leads him into big trouble....

My thoughts: I didn't like this one very much. The rhyming worked for me for the most part. But the story itself was just okay, in my opinion. While Pig got exactly what he deserved, I just wasn't charmed overall.

Text: 3 out of 5
Illustrations: 2 out of 5
Total: 5 out of 10
© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: