Friday, June 09, 2023

114. Revenge of the Librarians


Revenge of the Librarian. Tom Gauld. 2022. [October] 180 pages. [Source: Library] [Bored Adults]

First sentence: Now that you are my bride, you will never leave this castle! Wow! Your library is amazing! 

Premise/plot: A collection of book-themed comic strips. Each strip stands alone. All are connected loosely by the theme of books. There are comic strips about writing, editing, publishing, reading, reviewing, and librarying. (Okay, there's no such word. Being a librarian.) The strips also address the pandemic. 

My thoughts: Each strip stands alone. Some I loved. Some I didn't. Most fall in neutral territory. It was a quick and easy read. It sometimes made me smile. I think my favorite came towards the end of the book. (There are NO page numbers. This was a little bit frustrating.) "Review Dice" 

Quote:
Can't decide what kind of book review to write? Simply cut out, assemble, and roll this helpful dice! Hatchet job; super-detailed, spoiler-filled retelling; brutally polite dismissal; elegant and insightful analysis; rambling personal essay that barely mentions the book; ecstatic love letter. 


 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: