Friday, December 15, 2023

190. The Blind Side


The Blind Side. Patricia Wentworth. 1939. 224 pages. [Source: Library] [Adult fiction; mystery]

First sentence: Craddock House stands at the end of one of those streets which run between the Kings Road and the Embankment. 

Premise/plot: This one is the first in the Ernest Lamb mystery series by Patricia Wentworth. It was my first time--to my recollection--reading Patricia Wentworth. This one is, in many ways, your typical classic British mystery. It involves a murder....and a dysfunctional [extended] family is at the center of the drama. Though not every suspect is a [distant or near] relation.

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one. I would probably have enjoyed it a LOT more if the library due date had not made me rush through the last hundred pages. There's nothing quite like the feeling of having to race through a book because it is due at the library. I enjoyed it enough that I would reread it again at some point and possibly continue on in the series. 

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: