Wednesday, August 21, 2024

62. Winnie the Pooh (Graphic Adaptation)

62. GRAPHIC NOVEL ADAPTATION. Winnie the Pooh: The Graphic Novel Adaptation. A.A. Milne. Illustrated by Travis Dandro. 2024. 248 pages. [Source: Library] [4 stars] 

First sentence: That buzzing noise means something. You don't get a buzzing noise like that, just buzzing and buzzing, without its meaning something. If there's a buzzing noise somebody's making a buzzing noise, and the only reason for making a buzzing noise that I know of is because you're a bee and the only reason for being a bee that I know of is making honey and the only reason for making honey is so as I can eat it.

This is a graphic novel adaptation of A.A. Milne's classic Winnie the Pooh. The original, I believe, has always had *some* illustrations. Now it gets the graphic novel treatment. The dialogue remains much as it always was. Though I haven't read the original in a few years so I cannot say with one hundred percent certainty that all of the dialogue has made the transition. I only noticed a few additions to the text. Notably, the bees get some dialogue which is adorable. This is just the first book, so NO Tigger. 

For me the first and second books blend together into "The World of Pooh" (quite literally that is the omnibus edition I grew up with). These illustrations are not exactly like the original OR like Disney. I thought most characters were illustrated fairly well. The only one I did NOT care for was Rabbit. But I did appreciate revisiting the book, the characters, and the HUMS.

 

© 2024 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Ghananeem said...

Ghananeem Hey there! 🌟 Just read this awesome article and couldn't agree more with the insights shared 📚✨

Happy reading!