Saturday, August 29, 2026

Twenty Year Blogoversary

Becky's Book Reviews turns TWENTY today! Can you believe it?! In some ways, 2006 feels like yesterday, and, in other ways it feels like it's ages ago. Well, maybe not yesterday. But definitely not twenty years.

Your guess is as good as mine in terms of HOW many books I've reviewed over the past twenty years. I know I read a LOT more books at the beginning. My reading and reviewing has slowed down a lot since 2006!!! My love for rereading has only increased.

Knowing that I was going to be celebrating twenty years, I wanted to reread some OLDER books that I loved, loved, loved when I first started blogging. I wish I could have read twenty books that met this goal. I did not. I was able to reread seven books!

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
Rash by Pete Hautman
The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler
Paperboy by Vince Vawter
The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
Old Man's War by John Scalzi
In the Red by Christopher Swiedler

First book reviewed on the blog: New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
Last book reviewed on the blog: Thank You, Sun by Douglas Florian

Blogging has changed in twenty years. I started out the blog with a readership of me, myself, and I. And I think we're almost down to that again. I do consider it as more a conversation with either my past self or future self. I often check my blog to see if I've read the book...and if I have...if I liked it, loved it, or hated it. But there were a handful of years that blogging was a true community. Blogging may not be a thing much these days. BUT reading will always remain.





© 2026 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: