Monday, April 06, 2009

Yes, another reading challenge.


Final Frontier Reading Challenge.
A reading challenge with four levels of participation.
All dedicated to a certain sub-genre of science fiction.
Challenge is from April 6th through October 6th 2009.
Sign-up by leaving a comment on this blog post.
Those books dealing with space travel, exploration, colonization, etc.
(Also anything with aliens is allowed either on our world or theirs.)
(Think Ray Bradbury's Martian Chronicles or Isaac Asimov's Foundation trilogy.)


Fly Me To the Moon: Perfect for newbies just beginning to explore science fiction OR for those with sci-fi lovers with busy schedules. Read ONE book.

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On Jupiter and Mars


Spaceman: Read two to three qualifying books. (Or if you like substitute a movie for one of the books.)

Bang, bang, shoot em' up, destiny
Bang, bang, shoot em' up to the moon
Bang, bang, shoot em' up one, two, three



Starman: Read four to six qualifying books. (Again, substitute a movie or two is fine. Especially if you'd like to compare the movie version to the book!)

There's a starman waiting in the sky
He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds




Space Oddity: Perfect for those that can't get enough sci-fi! Read seven or more qualifying books!

I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today






© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
If you're reading this post on another site, or another feed, the content has been stolen.

7 comments:

krin said...

I'm in!

Here's my list:

http://krinek.blogspot.com/2009/04/final-frontier-challenge.html

Anonymous said...

LOL! Love the gifs!

Anonymous said...

I think at this point I might as well just sign up for everything you host, lol. :D

My list is here (or at least, it will be once I start adding things to it...): http://birdbrainbb.net/2009/04/08/challenge-final-frontier-reading-challenge/

- Anastasia

Lynda said...

I'm in - not sure what I'll be reading yet - will add list over the weekend ;0)
http://lyndasbookblog.blogspot.com/2009/04/final-frontier-reading-challenge.html

Jenny said...

Ack knew I couldn't resist for long I'm going for Fly Me to the Moon! or maybe higher LOL. I'll post to my blog later.
Thanks.

californiameaghan said...

http://californiameaghan.blogspot.com/2009/05/final-frontier-reading-challenge.html
i am signing up to read 7 books. thanks for hosting!

krin said...

I finished my first book: Have Space Suit - Will Travel by Robert A. Heinlein. My review.