1) Choose a decade. I'd recommend starting with one. If you finish you can always come back for another! You will be reading TEN books. One book for each year of the decade you choose. You may choose to sign up for more than one decade from the start. But it's ten books per decade you choose. So it would be committing to twenty books if you choose two.
2) Choose your genre. Or genres. You may choose up to five genres for a single decade. (Two books per genre.) It is up to you if you want a single genre or multiple genres. Genre is different from audience. So if you choose fantasy, you may read fantasy for children, young adults, or adults. But "young adult" is not in and of itself a genre. You can definitely make this challenge your own. For example:
- sci-fi from the seventies
- fantasy from the eighties
- historical fiction from the thirties
- mysteries from the fifties
- romances from the forties
- paranormal from the nineties
4) Up to five rereads are allowed per decade. I love to reread I do. But part of a challenge is to discover new books and new authors.
5) Reviews are not required. But. They are fun to read! So if you do blog your reviews, you may share links. You may give updates on your progress by leaving comments if you do not have a blog. Definitely let me know when you finish the challenge. I'd love to see your finished list.
6) Sign up in the comments on this post.
*While I prefer participants to read books from ten different years, I am not horribly strict. So if you are having a difficult time finding one or two years for your decade, for example, feel free to read two more books from any year in that decade so you can complete the challenge.
* As for sharing review links--not a requirement, by the way--you may either add links and titles to your sign-up post--So that there are working links to all the reviews in one convenient post. OR you may leave review links in the comment of this post.
© 2014 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews