|The Two Sisters, 1889, Pierre-Auguste Renoir|
The 2015 Challenge. The first Bingo card is for 2015.
The goal is to get a Bingo (horizontal, vertical, diagonal, four corners and center square). This will require a minimum of five books.
One book per square. For example: Oliver Twist can count for "Book with a name as the title" or "Charles Dickens" or "Book published 1837-1940" or "Book published in serial format" or "Book over 400 pages" or "Book that has been adapted into a movie" or "Book set in England." But obviously, it can only count once.
- book published in the 1840s,
- male author,
- female author,
- book with a name as the title,
- book published in serial (monthly) format
- book published 1837-1840,
- book published in the 1850s,
- children's book,
- book of your choice,
- Charles Dickens
- book set in England,
- book that you wish had been adapted into a movie,
- book published in the 1860s,
- reread of your choice,
- Anthony Trollope
- for better or worse (marriage),
- book over 400 pages,
- book published in the 1870s
- Wilkie Collins
- book published in the 1890s,
- book that has been adapted into a movie,
- book published 1900-1901,
- collection (poetry, stories, fairy tales),
- book published in the 1880s
- Fiction or nonfiction.
- Books, e-books, audio books all are fine.
- Books and movies can be reviewed together or separately.
- You can create a reading list if you want, but it's not a requirement
- If you do make a list, consider adding a list of five books you'd recommend to others
- If possible try to try a new-to-you author! I know it can be really tempting to stick with familiar favorites.
- Children's books published during these years should not be forgotten!
- Rereads are definitely allowed if you have favorites!
- A blog is not required, a review is not required, but, if you don't review please consider sharing what you read in a comment with one or two sentences of 'reaction' or 'response.'
- for the 2015 challenge, any qualifying book FINISHED January through December 2015 counts. OR any qualifying book REVIEWED January through December 2015 counts.
- for the perpetual challenge, it is up to you if you want to count books read/reviewed in 2014 too. You can if you like. Or you could start fresh in 2015.
(If you're super-ambitious, you might want to try to fill the whole card.) The goal: to get a Bingo by reading eight books. (horizontal, vertical, diagonal, four corners and four center squares). Same guidelines apply as above.
© 2014 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews