Saturday, May 09, 2015

8 An Animal Alphabet (2015)


8: An Animal Alphabet. Elisha Cooper. 2015 [July] Scholastic. 40 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Find the one animal on each page that is pictured 8 times--8 ants, 8 badgers, 8 chickens. Find all the other animals too. Some may be familiar, such as a cat, and some not, such as a muskrat. (For help, see the "Did you know?" section in the back.)

Premise/Plot. Each alphabet page features lots of animals. Only one animal, however, is pictured 8 times. All animals for each page are listed in small print at the bottom of the page. The book concludes with a "Did You Know?" page sharing facts about all the animals.

My thoughts: I didn't love it. I didn't hate it. I liked it well enough. If you're looking for a counting-to-eight concept book, an alphabet concept book, or, a book about animals, then this one may prove satisfying.

Text: 3 out of 5
Illustration: 3 out of 5
Total: 6 out of 10

© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from you! To help fight spam, comment moderation has been set up for posts older than two days. Feel free to ask me questions or ask for recommendations!

Unique Visitors and Google PR Rank

Free PageRank Checker

Pageloads Counter

Search Book Blogs Search Engine

The background is based on a background I found here...with some small adjustments on my part so it would work with the template.
Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP