Saturday, May 16, 2015

ABC School's For Me (2015)

ABC School's For Me. Susan Katz. Illustrated by Lynn Munsinger. 2015. [June] Scholastic. 32 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Alphabet from A to Z, Books that are just right for me. Crayons for coloring, in my hand, Dump trucks, playing in the sand. Eating snack around the rug, Friends who share a hello hug. Glue sticks for some glitter art, Hats hang in the dress-up cart.

Premise/Plot: This book stars bears going to school (preschool or kindergarten, I imagine either one would work). Each letter of the alphabet describes a school activity.

My thoughts: I liked it very much. I thought it was cute and simple and covers the basics. I liked the illustrations best.

Text: 3 out of 5
Illustrations: 4 out of 5
Total: 7 out of 10

© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: