Saturday, May 30, 2015

Pepper & Poe (2015)

Pepper & Poe. Frann Preston-Gannon. 2015. [July] Scholastic. 32 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Pepper loved Sundays. Pepper loved Mondays too. Tuesdays…were usually pretty enjoyable. But on Wednesdays, something changed.

Premise/Plot: On the Wednesday in question, Pepper is surprised--and not pleasantly--by the addition of a new kitten to the family. Does Pepper like the new kitten, Poe? NO! Pepper has a hard time adjusting. But, after a few days, by the time Sunday rolls around again, Pepper has made peace with Poe--to a certain extent.

My thoughts: I loved it. I did. I love Pepper. I love Poe. I found them adorable. I really love, love, love the illustrations. I think this book is super-cute and sweet. Cat lovers may find this one too cute to resist.

Text: 4 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 9 out of 10

© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: