Just came in
From the County of Keck
That a very small bug
By the name of Van Vleck
Is yawning so wide
You can look down his neck.
This may not seem
Very important, I know.
But it is. So I'm bothering
Telling you so.
Premise/plot: A book to read at bedtime. It's addressed directly to readers, to you. Readers meet plenty of Seuss creations that are either already asleep or nearly so.
My thoughts: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dr. Seuss's Sleep Book. I can't read it--even silently--without yawning. I love so many things about it including...
- the time for night-brushing of teeth is at hand.
- the number of sleepers is steadily growing. Bed is where more and more people are going.
- the Audio-Telly-o-Tally-o Count, a machine that lets us know who is down and who's up
- They're even asleep in the Zwieback Motel! And people don't usually sleep there too well.
- moose dreaming of moose juice, goose dreaming of goose juice...
- Ziffer-Zoof seeds, which nobody wants because nobody needs.
Have you read The Sleep Book? Did you like it? love it? hate it? I'd love to know what you think of it!
If you'd like to join me in reading or rereading Dr. Seuss (chronologically) I'd love to have you join me! The next book I'll be reviewing is Dr. Seuss' ABC.
© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews