Saturday, May 21, 2011

Library Loot: Third Trip in May

New Loot:

Crocodile on the Sandbank (Amelia Peabody #1) by Elizabeth Peters
The Curse of the Pharaohs (Amelia Peabody #2) by Elizabeth Peters
Lion in the Valley (Amelia Peabody #4) by Elizabeth Peters
The Deeds of the Disturber (Amelia Peabody #5) by Elizabeth Peters
The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood.
The Catiline Conspiracy (SPQR Mystery #2) by John Maddox Roberts
The Sacrilege (SPQR Mystery #3) by John Maddox Roberts
Three Complete Novels: A, B, C by Sue Grafton
The Nursing Home Murders by Ngaio Marsh
Death and the Dancing Footman by Ngaio Marsh
The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom
Passion by Jude Morgan
The Cairo Trilogy by Naguib Mahfouz, translated by William Maynard Hutchins
The Fat Man: A Tale of North Pole Noir by Kenneth Harmon
Mysterious Cat Stories, edited by John Richard Stephens and Kim Smith
The Faerie Hills a Muirteach MacPhee Mystery by Susan McDuffie
The Watery Part of the World by Michael Parker
Death at Dartmoor by Robin Paige
Death at Glamis Castle by Robin Paige
Death at Devil's Bridge by Robin Paige
New York by Edward Rutherfurd

Leftover Loot:

A House Divided by Pearl S. Buck
Peony by Pearl S. Buck
Three at Wolfe's Door: A Nero Wolfe Threesome by Rex Stout
Some Buried Caesar; The Golden Spiders by Rex Stout
Death of a Doxy by Rex Stout
The Mother by Pearl S. Buck
Three Daughters of Madame Liang by Pearl S. Buck
Pavilion of Women by Pearl S. Buck
Riding the Trail of Tears by Blake M. Hausman

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries.

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

8 comments:

JaneGS said...

I really have enjoyed the Amelia Peabody stories--I got through about half of the series before getting distracted. I think the early ones are especially good. Renewed my childhood ambition to be an archeologist.

Rebecca said...

I've already been posting about the books I check out- so I'll link up next time! Thanks! Great idea! Love your post

Bellezza said...

You found The Penelopiad?! That's more than I could find at our library. I hope you'll join in the read-along for the two mythology challenges as well as our own personal pleasure. Always love your thoughts, Becky, and I'm wondering if you'll post on The Virginian? XO

Becky said...

Bellezza, I meant to find your post on the readalong and say that I did find a copy and planned to join in on that :)

Yes, my review of The Virginian will be on Wednesday, I think? I schedule my reviews in advance--and I believe that is its slot! But I did love it very much :)

Bellezza said...

SO glad it worked for you, and I can't wait to read your thoughts.

scotlandprincess said...

Amelia Peabody inspired my junior high self to become an archaeologist -- she's so fun.

Jen C said...

Enoy Your Loot!
My Library Loot

Claire (The Captive Reader) said...

Whoa! That's quite an impressive haul, full of lots of my own favourites. Elizabeth Peter's Amelia Peabody series is always fun and I also really like Jude Morgan's books and, of course, The Cairo Trilogy. Enjoy your loot!