Saturday, May 21, 2011

Meme: A Book Lover's Survey

I saw this one at My Friend Amy; she got it from Rachel Held Evans

Can you name…

1. A book you threw across the room in anger
2. A book in which you underlined nearly every sentence.
3. A book you were surprised to love.
4. A book you can’t wait to read.

1. Have I ever actually thrown a book across the room? No. But I certainly was angry enough to want to do things to Bumped. But it was a library book.
2. I do underline in *some* of the Christian nonfiction books I own--but as a rule, I usually mark passages I love with sticky notes. The last book I underlined in was Why One Way by John MacArthur. The last book I sticky-marked an absurd number of times was Some Buried Caesar by Rex Stout. I am just LOVING Nero Wolfe and Archie Goodwin. If you haven't read any of these mysteries, you should!
3. I don't know how many readers actually remember that I am allergic to westerns. But. After I read Dolce Bellezza's review of The Virginian, I felt compelled to give it a try myself. I mean she wrote, "It will definitely be in my top ten list for the year, and quite possibly for my life." And you know what? I LOVED it. Yes, it was really love.
4. As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott is one I'm looking forward to reading!

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Bellezza said...

Oh, it makes me so happy that you loved The Virginian! Don't you wish he existed in real life? Westerns get a bad, corny name, but this original one from Wister, written in 1902, is certainly a diamond among the rough. So glad you tried it, and like it, Becky!