Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Man Jeeves (1919)

My Man Jeeves. P.G. Wodehouse. 1919. 256 pages.

My Man Jeeves (1919) was my first introduction to the wonderful writer, P.G. Wodehouse. I absolutely loved, loved, loved it from first to last. This is a short story collection containing eight short stories: four short stories starring Bertie and Jeeves ("Leave it to Jeeves," "Jeeves and the Unbidden Guest," "Jeeves and the Hard-boiled Egg," "The Aunt and the Sluggard") and four short stories starring Reggie Pepper ("Absent Treatment," "Helping Freddie," "Rallying Round Old George," and "Doing Clarence a Bit of Good.") The writing is WONDERFUL. I just loved, loved, loved its cleverness, its playfulness, its attention to detail. It's just a DELIGHT to read this one. My favorite stories were the ones starring Jeeves and Bertie. But I also enjoyed the other stories.

This is a collection I see myself rereading again and again just because it is so very fun!  


Read My Man Jeeves
  • If you love short stories
  • If you hate short stories
  • If you enjoy humorous stories
  • If you love Bertie and Jeeves
  • If you enjoy P.G. Wodehouse
  • If you love great storytelling or narration
© 2013 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE P. G. Wodehouse! He is truly hilarious.