Saturday, September 26, 2015

Pig Is Big On Books

Pig Is Big On Books. Douglas Florian. 2015. Holiday House. 24 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Pig is big on books. Pig likes to read. 

Premise/plot: Readers meet a pig who loves, loves, loves to read books. Big books. Small books. All kinds of books. Pig loves to read anywhere too. But what happens when pig can't find a book to read?!

My thoughts: I loved this book. I really loved, loved, loved it. I do love books and reading. So it shouldn't come as a big surprise that I loved this very reading-focused title. Still, there is something simple and just-right about it. It flows really well. And I loved the direction the story went. I definitely recommend this one. It is an "I Like To Read" book.

Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 4 out of 5
Total: 9 out of 10

© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: