Sunday, March 05, 2023

Sunday Salon #10 Too many books???


While I would never admit to owning too many books. (OUTRAGEOUS slander, I tell you). I might admit some weeks that I have too many books checked out from the library at any given time. In part, I think it's because when I'm putting books on hold, I don't know *when* books will come in and be ready to be checked out. And sometimes, it's a steady flow of books turned in and books checked out. And other times, all the holds come in at once and I lose my flow. I've got quite a stack of books. 

I had originally planned on reading more review copies and fewer library books. But, of course, then all my hold books started coming in....with a due date. Books with a due date almost always take priority. I'll try to be balanced, but my vision of focusing more on review copies seems unrealistic now.

 Not all of my 'currently reading' comes from the library, but many do:

Review copies:
Miss Newbury's List by Megan Walker
Find the Moon by Beth Fehlbaum
The Court of Last Resort by Erle Stanley Gardner

Library books:
The Plot Is Murder by V.M. Burns
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
The Winter Soldier: Cold Front by Mackenzi Lee
Waco by Jeff Guinn
True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi

Questions:

How often do you use the library or library resources?
Is your 'hold' list out of control?
Do you have self-control when it comes to checking out books? or putting books on hold?
What book are you looking forward to reading in March?

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Jo said...

I just moved to a new city, but love my library! Its right around the corner from me, I'm there 2/3 times a week!!

AnneKristy said...

I go to the library to borrow physical books and I borrow books through the Libby app. I also borrow magazines through the Libby app. I usually do not borrow hard copies but about once per month. Most of the time, it will auto renew at least once. I try to not borrow more than 5 hard copies. I try and not borrow more than 2 e-book copies. So, a total of 7 in all. I have books that I've bought I'm trying to read. I have a big stack on a table. Plus, a few in a bookshelf.