Monday, August 27, 2007

Looking Ahead

This week is a very exciting week for me. This Wednesday, Becky's Book Reviews, is celebrating its one year anniversary! I am so happy. (With over five hundred posts and twenty-thousand hits, I just never imagined this was all possible.) I'm also going to be posting reviews of a lot of children's books--picture books--that were childhood favorites. And I'll be paying special attention to back-to-school titles. So expect a LOT of posts this week. And one very big announcement :)

I'm also declaring a state of emergency. I just have WAY too many books I need to get read, so I will be trying to spend even more time reading. If I could read that many hours a day for the 48 Hour Reading challenge, why am I unable to do so every weekend? Anyway, I'm hoping to channel some time and energy so I can get more accomplished. I'd love to read ten or so books this week.

Why this sudden motivation???? I want to prepare for MotherReader's invitation to post about Best Books of 2007 (so far). I'm very excited to start thinking about my list. But in doing so, I realized that so many of the books that others are talking about as being 'the best' are still sitting in my to-read pile. So I'd love to tackle as many as possible in the next week or so.

2 comments:

Sheila 6:29 AM  

Congrats and happy blogiversary! I've been thinking also that I should spend more time reading to try to make a dent in my TBR pile. I'm busy with so many other things that I don't always make enough time for reading, even though I love it. A couple of weeks ago I was at the beach, and it was great to be able to spend so much time reading. Good luck with it.

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from you! To help fight spam, comment moderation has been set up for posts older than two days. Feel free to ask me questions or ask for recommendations!

Unique Visitors and Google PR Rank

Free PageRank Checker

Pageloads Counter

The background is based on a background I found here...with some small adjustments on my part so it would work with the template.
Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP