February 11, 1942
My dear Robert
Is there anything more fascinating than cutting the edges of a lawn?
I definitely liked this one! I'm trying to decide if I like it more than the first book, Henrietta's War, or if I just feel more comfortable liking it since most of the characters are familiar friends by this point. It definitely covers more than the first book. It speeds through the rest of the war. (Perhaps because this book doesn't publish every single letter originally published for the magazine these were originally written for during the war years.) Once again the setting is a small country village, the narrator is a doctor's wife, Henrietta Brown. The book deals not only with rations and war-worries but with everyday life like gossip, weddings, baby showers, dog shows, squabbles between "friends."
Read Henrietta Sees It Through
- If you enjoyed Henrietta's War
- If you enjoy books set in England, especially those set during World War II
- If you enjoy books with a small, country village setting
- If you like comedy; quirky characters, etc.
- If you like epistolary novels