Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Movie Month, day 30

So Kailana (The Written Word) and I really LOVED participating in Jenni Elyse's 30 Days of Books.  We thought it would be fun to do a movie-theme list of questions! Feel free to switch "favorite" to "least favorite" if that is more applicable to you!

Today's question: Who is your favorite composer? What is your favorite soundtrack?

I don't have one. I have a top four or five.

Patrick Doyle. I'm going to list him first. Because he may truly be my favorite. Maybe. My favorites of his include MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING and Cinderella (2015).  


Hans Zimmer. So many favorites. But I will narrow it down to the Batman movies and INCEPTION. But how could I leave out Pirates of the Caribbean?! 

Howard Shore. The LOTR and HOBBIT soundtracks.


Michael Giacchino. He's everywhere these days. Not that I mind! He did the music for LOST. But that is certainly overshadowed these days by all the movies he's done. He does the music for the newer Star Trek series. And a lot of stuff for Disney.

John Williams. You're probably thinking Star Wars. And you'd be right. But I really, really, really love the soundtrack to The Book Thief and Schindler's List.

Harry Gregson-Williams. I love his work on Shrek and the Chronicles of Narnia.


© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Kailana said...

The soundtrack for Schindler's List was awesome. And I totally forgot that movie this month. It should have cropped up somewhere I am sure because one of my favourite movies!