Monday, April 30, 2018

April Reflections

How many books have I read so far for the year? 195

How many board books or picture books have I read? 64

My favorite I read this month was:

Kat Writes a Song. Greg Foley. 2018. Simon & Schuster. 40 pages. [Source: Review copy]

How many early readers or early chapter books have I read? 49

My favorite I read this month was:

Poppleton. Cynthia Rylant. Illustrated by Mark Teague. 1997. 56 pages. [Source: Library]

How many contemporary books have I read? 13

My favorite I read this month was:

Wonder. R. J. Palacio. 2012. Random House. 320 pages. [Source: Review copy]
 
How many speculative fiction books have I read? 13

My favorite I read this month was:

 Dory Fantasmagory #4: Head in the Clouds. Abby Hanlon. 2018. 160 pages. [Source: Library]

How many classics have I read? 18

My favorite I read this month was?

Short Stories of Lucy Maud Montgomery from 1909-1922. L.M. Montgomery. 2008/2010. 312 pages. [Source: Bought] 

How many historical fiction novels have I read? 22

My favorite I read this month was?

Here Be Dragons. Sharon Kay Penman. 1985. 704 pages. [Source: Borrowed] 

How many mysteries? 15

My favorite I read this month was?

Uneasy Terms. (Slim Callaghan #7) Peter Cheyney. 1947. 240 pages. [Source: Bought]

How many nonfiction? 18

My favorite I read this month was?

A Hobbit, a Wardrobe, and a Great War. Joseph Loconte. 2015. Thomas Nelson. 256 pages. [Source: Bought] 

How many Christian fiction? 10

My favorite I read this month was?

A Breath of Hope. Lauraine Snelling. 2018. Bethany House. 336 pages. [Source: Review copy]

How many Christian nonfiction? 33

My favorite I read this month was?

Lloyd-Jones on the Christian Life: Doctrine and Life as Fuel and Fire. Jason Meyer. 2018. Crossway. 272 pages. [Source: Review copy]

How many "new" books for the Good Rule challenge? 110

How many "old" books for the Good Rule challenge? 85

How many pages have I read so far for the year? 29,403

Favorite short story or fairy tale of the month: "The Gossip of Valley View"

Favorite audio book of the month: The Warden by Anthony Trollope

Favorite Victorian quote:
But what I say is this: you should never give up as long as you live. There’s a sort of feeling about it which I can’t explain. One should always say to oneself, No surrender. ~ Anthony Trollope
© 2018 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

fredamans said...

Another great month! I'd really love to read Wonder. Happy May!