Georgian Reading Challenge
Host: Becky's Book Reviews (sign up here)
Duration: December 1, 2020 - December 31, 2021
# of books: minimum 4
- Novels, poems, plays, short stories, novellas, letters, diaries, essays, nonfiction published in Great Britain (or its colonies) during the Georgian era. (1714-1837) or (1714-1830)
- Nonfiction books published about the Georgian era. Including, of course, biographies on the royal family.
- Historical fiction set during the Georgian era.
- Books, e-books, audio books.
- Movies and television series set during this period--if you review them--can count. But try to keep things balanced.
Sign up by leaving a comment. No blog is required--no review either. But if you do have a blog, I'd love a link to it. Same with GoodReads if that is where you review books. (Comment moderation is turned on.)
You may follow me on twitter @blbooks.
© 2020 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
Yes, my favorite era! As I was going through my TBR shelves yesterday to prepare for my own Victorian challenge, I found that I actually have quite a bit of Georgian/Regency era books still to read! I'll be sharing your challenges on my blog, BellesLibrary.com and leaving reviews on Goodreads as Sarah Coller. Thanks for the challenge!
I only read two books for the last one so I will join this challenge and start earlier! I will write my reviews at www.bookaddiction.blogspot.com. It will be great to find new Georgian novels and, perhaps, read some old favourites again.
This sounds like one I'd like to join!
I don't know if I already left a comment, but I want to join in.
Hello again Becky,
I have completed my first review: https://bookaddiction.blogspot.com/2021/07/black-sheep-by-georgette-heyer.html
I am enjoying the challenge.
I just completed my second review: https://bookaddiction.blogspot.com/2021/12/georgian-reading-challenge-right-hand.html I am going to get my skates on so that I can finish the challenge by the end of the year.
Post a Comment