Monday, October 17, 2022

128. The Blood of Olympus


The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus #5) Rick Riordan. 2014. 516 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Jason hated being old. His joints hurt. His legs shook. As he tried to climb the hill, his lungs rattled like a box of rocks.

Premise/plot: The Blood of Olympus is the fifth and final book in the Heroes of Olympus series. It has nine narrators--nine! Reyna and Nico join the seven in narrating duties: Jason, Percy, Annabeth, Piper, Frank, Leo, Hazel. (Though to be fair, I'm not a thousand percent sure that Hazel and Frank have chapters???? They definitely have roles to play in the action though.) The demigods are running out of time. The earth mother, Gaia, is rising--which means TROUBLE for almost everyone. The Greek demigods and the Roman demigods must find a way to work together and brainstorm a way to defeat her. (Something easier said than done). Each demigod has his or her own strengths and weaknesses.

My thoughts: The resolution worked for me. I want this resolution to stick. I don't want another series of books starring Percy and Annabeth that undoes this happy-ish ending. Overall, I enjoyed the characters. All the books in the series are LONG, LONG, SUPER LONG. I am glad I read this second series of books.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: