Sunday, February 26, 2023

Sunday Salon #9 Twelve Favorites (So Far)


I have read 121 books so far this year. IF you are surprised, then that makes two of us. I think I usually have about fifty to sixty books read in an average year. (And not every year is an average year. Certainly I can get distracted from reading.)

So what books have 'stood out' to me so far??? IF I included rereads in this list, I don't know that it would be completely fair. So I'm going to try to focus on new-to-me books.

 I am currently reading a couple of books that may just end up on my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE AND BEST books of the year list. I am so in love with The Rose and the Thistle by Laura Frantz. It is historical fiction set in SCOTLAND. It is super swoon-worthy. I am also adoring The Road to Roswell by Connie Willis. This one is all kinds of awesome. Quite a road trip with unforgettable characters.

Questions:

Have you loved, loved, loved a book this year? Do you have a favorite so far? Which book(s) would you recommend?

Several of the books on my list--and my currently reading list--don't release until later this year. Which book(s) are you looking forward to releasing? How do you keep up with new and upcoming releases?

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Jo said...

I just finished Pearl Harbor Japan's Fatal Blunder by Harry Allbright. This was a terrific first hand account of what happened.I wanted to read American history this month so I thought I'd share!!