Thursday, February 15, 2024

21. Making It So


Making It So. Patrick Stewart. 2023. 469 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: We called it t'bottom field, never wondering where, in relation to "t'bottom," t'middle field and t'top field might be. 

Premise/plot: Making It So is Patrick Stewart's memoir. It doesn't get more straight-forward than that. He writes of his family, growing up, friendships and romantic relationships, and his career on stage and on screen. He has spent more time, I believe, on stage--doing live theatre productions--than on screen. But only because there have been decades where he was able to do both. 

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one. Not all chapters are equally enthralling or fascinating. But all chapters were well written. The book covers so much more than just his years playing Jean-Luc Picard or Charles Xavier. He does mention that he watched the WHOLE Star Trek The Next Generation series before starting his memoir. He does talk about THE INNER LIGHT the absolute best episode of TNG. I think I will like it even more now--and I didn't think that was possible.

© 2024 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: