Monday, May 11, 2009

Crocodaddy


Norman, Kim. 2009. Crocodaddy. Sterling.

A young boy has a big imagination in Kim Norman's playful picture book, Crocodaddy. With lovely illustrations by David Walker, it is a light read with lots of attitude:

Safe behind the rock, I see
sly old Crocodaddy
smile at me.
Fearlessly, I step in front,
captain of the Crocodaddy hunt!


The rhythm and rhyme of this one may have your little ones wanting to chime in.

I loved the illustrations. I did. They were probably my favorite part. That's not to knock the text by Kim Norman. It was fun and playful. It was rhythmic. (And that's not always a given these days.) But I think the illustrations evoked the charm that made me want to keep reading this one. And they're well paired with the text, I might add.

A Christian Worldview of Fiction, A Mom Speaks, A Patchwork of Books, All About Children’s Books, Becky’s Book Reviews, Booking Mama,Cafe of Dreams, Dolce Bellezza, Elizabeth O. Dulemba, Fireside Musings, KidzBookBuzz.com, Looking Glass Reviews, Maw Books Blog, Never Jam Today, Olive Tree, Our Big Earth, Reading is My Superpower, SMS Book Reviews, The 160 Acrewoods, Through a Child’s Eyes

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
If you're reading this post on another site, or another feed, the content has been stolen.

No comments: