Sunday, December 06, 2009

Library Loot: Second Week in December



Well, I made it to the library! I was so excited to go since it had been a few weeks. I tried to restrain myself. I do hope to make it through most of these. But we'll see.


Mr. Knightley's Diary by Amanda Grange

Note: I really enjoyed Colonel Brandon's Diary...let's see if I enjoy this one too!



The Original Frankenstein, or, The Modern Prometheus: Two New Versions: Mary Shelley's Earliest Draft and Percy Shelley's Revised Text.

Note: How could I not check this one out?!




A Quiet Adjustment by Benjamin Markovits

Note: Once I knew this one was about Lord Byron--well some of the women in his life, I just had to have it.


An Accomplished Woman by Jude Morgan

Note: A Regency romance that looks like it's too fun to be missed.


How Beautiful The Ordinary: Twelve Stories of Identity, edited by Michael Cart

Note: I'm typically not a big fan of short stories. But. This collection looked blog-worthy to me. Like I might be missing out on something if I passed it up. So I'll give it a go and see.



Genesis by Bernard Beckett

Note: I remember reading about this one somewhere--I just can't remember who should get credit! Oh well. It looks like it will be a good fit for me. Just mention dystopia and postapocalyptic and I'm there.



Never After by Dan Elconin

Note: Looked interesting.



The Small Adventure of Popeye and Elvis by Barbara O'Connor

Note: My library finally got a copy in of this Cybils-nominee!


Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i started reading the frankestien

the letter1 is interesting .....and seems to be a prologue for what to come.


i generally love books like sea faring and expeditions can you send me some of these kind of books list

thanking you.