Friday, December 30, 2011

Year in Review: 12 Books of the Month


January: Strong Poison. Dorothy L. Sayers. 
February: Our Mutual Friend. Charles Dickens.
March: The Small House at Allington. Anthony Trollope. 
April: The Ropemaker. Peter Dickinson. 
May: Kinfolk. Pearl S. Buck.
June: The Golden Spiders. Rex Stout. 
July: City of Tranquil Light. Bo Caldwell.
August: The Colonel's Lady. Laura Frantz.
September: The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb. Melanie Benjamin.
October: The Woman in White. Wilkie Collins.
November: The Sunne in Splendour: "A fascinating portrait of the controversial King Richard III--a monarch betrayed in life by his allies and betrayed in death by history." by Sharon Kay Penman
December: The Help by Kathryn Stockett

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

5 comments:

Laura Frantz said...

Show some love, indeed *wink*. I love your blog and am always honored to see my books in your TBR stack, read and reviewed, and then as book of the month:) You are a GEM and I mean that with all my heart. Bless you, Becky.

Marce said...

The Woman in White is on my list for next year.

Happy New Year Becky

Susan said...

That is quite a list, I love the idea of book of the month! Quite eclectic too, how lovely to see Charles Dickens, Rex Stout and Sharon Kay Penman on the same best of list!!!

Happy reading and happy 2012, Becky.

DesLily said...

loved the Woman in White! Good idea to do a favorite for each month...I am not sure how you can pick a favorite each month since you read soooo much! I am envious!

Kailana said...

The Sunne in Splendour was such a wonderful book! One day I REALLY must read more from her...