Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Parodox (2013)

Paradox. A.J. Paquette. 2013. Random House. 240 pages. [Source: Review Copy]

The fate of the earth may depend on a young girl with amnesia. Her name is Ana. She wakes up in a rocket with minimum instructions or clues. She's on an alien planet, that much is clear, and there is a countdown. She has twenty-four hours to accomplish something for a mission. But what mission? She hasn't a clue! And neither do readers, not really. The alien world is dangerous, and, full of surprises. Including the fact that she's not as alone as she first thought. There are three others with her, all teens.

Plenty of action, a good dose of mystery. Ultimately, however, I was a bit disappointed. It has its moments, but, it wasn't quite enough to make me love it. It has an interesting premise, but a premise that vaguely reminded me of vintage science fiction. It never felt quite real to me.  

© 2013 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews


Joyful Reader 11:51 AM  

Yes, for a minute there I was thinking of a sci fi movie from the 80's. Can't remember the name of it right off.

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from you! To help fight spam, comment moderation has been set up for posts older than two days. Feel free to ask me questions or ask for recommendations!

Unique Visitors and Google PR Rank

Free PageRank Checker

Pageloads Counter

Search Book Blogs Search Engine

The background is based on a background I found here...with some small adjustments on my part so it would work with the template.
Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by 2008

Back to TOP