Tuesday, March 24, 2015

What's On Your Nightstand (March)


The folks at 5 Minutes For Books host What’s On Your Nightstand? the fourth Tuesday of each month in which we can share about the books we have been reading and/or plan to read.

Currently Reading:

Les Miserables. Victor Hugo. Translated and with notes by Christine Donougher. 2015. Penguin. 1456 pages. [Source: Library]

This is my third year (in a row) to reread Victor Hugo's Les Miserables. How could I not want to read a new translation of it?! And the introduction in this "deluxe" edition was great. I have finished the first volume of it (Fantine) and have started the second (Cosette). (The volumes are titled: "Fantine," "Cosette," "Marius," "Saint-Denis and Idyll of the Rue Plumet," and "Jean Valjean.")

 Lady Thief. (Scarlet #2) A.C. Gaughen. 2014. Bloomsbury. 320 pages. [Source: Library]

Another reread. But I *have* to reread this one because the third book, Lion Heart, is releasing soon! This series is a retelling of Robin Hood. I loved, loved, LOVED this one last year. I hope the reread is just as wonderful.

Mary Poppins: 80th Anniversary Collection. P.L. Travers. Illustrated by Mary Shepard. 2014. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 1024 pages. [Source: Review copy]

I've read Mary Poppins and Mary Poppins Comes Back but I've never read Mary Poppins Opens the Door and Mary Poppins in the Park. I look forward to reading all four books this spring.

Man and Wife. Wilkie Collins. 1870. 652 pages. [Source: Bought]

Another reread. This was my very first Wilkie Collins novel that I read. It's been more than a few years since I read it. I started this one in February, I believe, and I'd love to finish it up. (I'm more than halfway through.) It's just hard for me to make this my priority book.


© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: