Saturday, September 19, 2015

Seuss on Saturday #38

Oh, The Thinks You Can Think. Dr. Seuss. 1975. Random House. 41 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: You can think up some birds. That's what you can do. You can think about yellow or think about blue...

Premise/plot: The narrator encourages the reader to THINK and to imagine. My favorite: "You can think about SCHLOPP. Schlopp. Schlopp. Beautiful scholopp. Beautiful schlopp with a cherry on top."

My thoughts: I liked this one fine. Of course, it has lots of silly rhyming. And the whole book is whimsical. And for those readers who can't get enough of Dr. Seuss, this one is worthy of reading. But. Is it a favorite of mine personally? Probably not. But it is good fun all the same.

Have you read Oh, The Thinks You Can Think? Did you like it? love it? hate it? I'd love to know what you thought of it!

If you'd like to join me in reading or rereading Dr. Seuss (chronologically) I'd love to have you join me! The next book I'll be reviewing is Because A Little Bug Went Ka-choo!

© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: