Friday, November 25, 2016

Bedtime Book

Bedtime Book. Mabel Watts. Illustrated by Florence Sarah Winship. 1963. 28 pages. [Source: Bought]

First sentence: At night, when you're sleepy, Mom turns down your bed. But suppose you were some sort of animal instead...

Premise/plot: This bedtime book is animal-focused or animal-themed. We've got an elephant, turtle, mouse, lamb, lion, puppy, kitten, horse, bear cub, fawn, stork, bird, fox, seal, and squirrel. The text is written all in rhyme.

My thoughts: Really loved this one. I think I loved the turtle most of all. If you were a turtle you'd get under your shell. Then you'd huddle and cuddle and sleep very well." Almost better than the text, the illustrations.

Text: 4 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 9 out of 10

© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love picture books very much, and this, one that is of the vintage variety, well it just feels good. I buy up all the books I come across like this and keep them for my granddaughter.