Wednesday, November 23, 2016

House My Grandpa Built

The House My Grandpa Built. Geraldine Everett Gohn. Illustrated by Bonnie and Bill Rutherford. 1971. Whitman. 30 pages. [Source: Bought]

First sentence: This is the lot my grandparents found, with maple trees and high, dry ground. These are the plans that Grandpa drew, showing the rooms and outside view--a small sort of house, for their children have grown and left the big house for homes of their own.

Premise/plot: Grandpa and Grandma are moving into a house that he is having built. The book follows the construction of the house from beginning to end. And it's all done in rhyme--for better or worse!

My thoughts: I liked this one. I like that we get to see the plans of this house too. I'm an addict for HGTV, I admit. And even before that This Old House was one of my favorite, favorite shows. So this cute little book has a just right feel for me.

Text: 3 out of 5
Illustrations 3 out of 5
Total: 6 out of 10

© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

collettakay said...

This looks like a sweet book :)

I hope you will consider joining in the 2017 PenPal Sign-up on my blog:

http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/11/2017-penpal-sign-ups-ends-121916.html

Colletta