Monday, March 08, 2010

Nonfiction Monday: The Frog Scientist


The Frog Scientist. By Pamela S. Turner. 2009. [July 2009] Houghton Mifflin. 64 pages.

Science has never been my strongest subject. But I have been fascinated now and then by learning about scientists. By the whys and hows of their work. Reading about that can be interesting. The Frog Scientist is about a passionate scientist, Tyrone Hayes, and his work to study frogs, to study the effects of several chemicals (pesticides) on the environment, on the frogs who are most sensitive to changes in the environment. Those interested in science, in the environment, in frogs will find much to appreciate in The Frog Scientist.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Fyrefly said...

Tyrone Hayes gave a talk at my university a few years ago, and he seemed like a very cool guy who does some very interesting science.

Man, now I want to know how I go about getting a children's book written about me. :)