Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Princess in Black and the Hungry Bunny Horde

The Princess in Black and the Hungry Bunny Horde (#3) Shannon and Dean Hale. Illustrated by LeUyen Pham. 2016. Candlewick. 96 pages. [Source: Review copy]

I am definitely liking the Princess in Black series by Shannon and Dean Hale. I like the third title in the series, The Princess in Black and the Hungry Bunny Horde, even better than the second perhaps. (Though I did like meeting Princess Sneezewort in the second book. I wouldn't mind if she became a series regular!)

The book opens with Princess Magnolia and Frimplepants on their way to have brunch with Princess Sneezewort and her pet, Sir Hogswell. Frimplepants may be even more excited about brunch than Princess Magnolia. But, predictably, the two don't make it in time for brunch. Instead, the monster alarm goes off, and the two dash to the secret cave to emerge The Princess in Black and Blacky. The two arrive thinking to find MONSTERS. But all the Princess can see before her eyes are CUTE, ADORABLE, SWEET, LOVABLE BUNNIES. But Duff the Goat Boy insists that the bunnies ARE monsters. She's not convinced.

Who is right? The Princess in Black or Duff the Goat Boy?! Are the bunnies all they appear to be?! Or could the bunnies prove disastrous?!

I enjoyed this one very much. It definitely reminded me of "The Trouble with Tribbles."
© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. My kids favorite two books at the moment are "Finding Winnie" and "Cooking With Mr. C." Have you reviewed them? We love them Thanks. Mary

Ms. Yingling said...

Can you believe I had to ASK my public library to buy this one? Have spent library budget for year, so will get copy in August. My 6th graders love these, especially the boys! Glad this one is good, too!