Saturday, March 31, 2018

March Reflections

How many books have I read so far for the year? 150

How many board books or picture books have I read? 50
My favorite I read this month was:
Let the Children March. Monica Clark-Robinson. Illustrated by Frank Morrison. 2018. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 40 pages. [Source: Review copy]

How many early readers or early chapter books have I read? 37
My favorite I read this month was:
Mr. Putter and Tabby Turn the Page. (Mr. Putter & Tabby #23). Cynthia Rylant. Illustrated by Arthur Howard. 2014. 40 pages. [Source: Library]

How many contemporary books have I read? 9
My favorite I read this month was:
How To Stop Time. Matt Haig. 2018. 336 pages. [Source: Review copy]

How many speculative fiction books have I read? 10
My favorite I read this month was:
Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe #2) Neal Shusterman. 2018. 5014 pages. [Source: Library]

How many classics have I read? 14
My favorite I read this month was?
Mary Barton. Elizabeth Gaskell. 1848. 437 pages. [Source: Bought]

How many historical fiction novels have I read? 15
My favorite I read this month was?
Ashes on the Moor. Sarah M. Eden. 2018. 384 pages. [Source: Review copy]

How many mysteries? 7
My favorite I read this month was?
The Daughter of Time. Josephine Tey. 1951/1995. Simon & Schuster. 208 pages. [Source: Bought]

How many nonfiction? 15
My favorite I read this month was?
Shaking Things Up: 14 Young Women Who Changed the World. Susan Hood. Illustrated by Selina Alko, Sophie Blackall, Lisa Brown, Hadley Hooper, Emily Winfield Martin, Oge Mora, Julie Morstad, Sara Palacios, LeUyen Pham, Erin K. Robinson, Isabel Roxas, Shadra Strickland, and Melissa Sweet. 2018. HarperCollins. 40 pages. [Source: Library]

How many Christian fiction? 1
My favorite I read this month was?
Phoebe's Light. (Nantucket Legacy #1) Suzanne Woods Fisher. 2018. Revell. 345 pages. [Source: Review copy]

How many Christian nonfiction? 25
My favorite I read this month was?
The Gospel According to God: Rediscovering the Most Remarkable Chapter in the Old Testament. John F. MacArthur. 2018. Crossway. 224 pages. [Source: Review copy]

How many "new" books for the Good Rule challenge? 90
How many "old" books for the Good Rule challenge? 60

How many pages have I read so far for the year? 23, 321

Favorite short story or fairy tale of the month: There were so many I enjoyed this month. I loved "Charlotte's Ladies." But I think I loved, loved, loved "The Garden of Spices."

Favorite audio book of the month: The Inimitable Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse

Favorite Victorian quote:
It's impossible to leap over nature solely by means of logic! Fyodor Dostoyevsky

© 2018 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

fredamans said...

Happy Easter and happy April!