Thursday, March 29, 2018

Easter Eggscapade

The Super-Duper Duo: Easter Eggscapade. Henri Meunier. Illustrated by Nathalie Choux. 2018. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 32 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Look, Sheldon! I found another egg.

Premise/plot: Sheldon and Rory are on an egg hunt when they discover a crime has been committed--actually SEVERAL crimes. Someone is taking REAL eggs from bird nests. Can the two transform into a super-duo and solve the mystery? WHO is stealing eggs--and why?!

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one more than I thought I would. I do like mysteries. I do. But I wasn't sure how 'dinky' an Easter-themed mystery might be. Usually holiday-themed stories aren't all that special. But the fact that they were looking for REAL eggs helps a great deal! I also really enjoyed the true fact included at the end of this one!

Text: 4 out of 5
Illustrations: 3 out of 5
Total: 7 out of 10

© 2018 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: